Saturday, November 10, 2007

The cursed daylight savings

I remember the time when I just loved the fall-back daylight savings. I could get an extra hour of sleep! That no longer applies when a baby is in the house:). She doesn't know the difference! And you'd think that one hour wouldn't really be noticeable. That was quite a change to a little person. We are finally, after most of the week, on the correct evening bed time. She was getting so cranky around 5-5:30 thinking it was one hour later, and time to get ready for bed. She seems to be a little more settled now. Her mornings are now suffering...and so are ours! I think she's trying to figure out a night feeding schedule that cuts out a feeding. I am a fan of that idea, but it's meaning much earlier to rise. On Wednesday, she went to bed and didn't wake up until nearly 4! A record. Then up at 7:30 to eat and that schedule was perfect. The most sleep I've had in one night. Thursday night, she went down and was up a nearly 3...which unfortunately made her hungry tummy want to eat again at 6...and the sun was up, so we all should be! Last night we reverted to an old schedule...up at 1, up again at nearly 5...fuss until 6, up for the morning! Not a fan of that schedule. Alex and I don't really operate that early. So I bring Laurel into bed between us and she grins and coos and kick, kick, kicks and he and I lay there with barely open eyes. We'll see what this next week brings, but I'd love for the 7 am wake-up call again.
She is taking to a more regular morning nap. She's been going down around 9 am and staying for anywhere from 1.5-2 hours, yesterday was down for 3.5!

This past week was another busy one. Lots of time at the shop...and I haven't been much help because what do I do with her while I'm trying to do some work? My dad came in on Wednesday and has been helping with demolition. And a little babysitting when needed. But Laurel doesn't care for the bottle, she much prefers the "tap", so she doesn't eat well when I have to be away. This weekend is more demo and wall reconstruction. Hopefully laying the bamboo flooring and painting. I'll have to post some before and after pictures once everything is done! We have to wrap as soon as possible...we already had a bride call for an appt. and decided she'd call later rather than meet one of us at home. She probably won't call back.:( We're finally feeling the saying "time is money, people".

No comments: