Sunday, November 4, 2007

Busy days

Well, we've purchased our first little shop! Everything has gone through and we had our new space on November 1st. We've been so busy cleaning, clearing, moving furniture and eventually renovating, that I haven't made time for my little Laurel update!
On November 1st, she had her 2 month well-baby check-up. And just like we thought, she put on weight! She's now 11 lbs, 3 ounces and is longer, at 23.5". I can definitely notice the weight when I'm carrying her around. And other little things show it, like she fills out her car seat and it's head rest and she sits much higher in the front carrier than she used to.
Laurel spent some time with family this weekend, caring for her while I got my hands dirty, very dirty, at the shop. Grandma Velez watched her Saturday afternoon and Aunt Megan sat with her today for a few hours. It sure is nice to have some close help!
Otherwise, she'll be accompanying mommy to her new shop during the week. Laurel still doesn't nap well, so I'll be solving that problem by putting her in the carrier, where she does nap well, while I am busy going through things at the shop.
We had daylight savings time today. And though just an hour, all it takes is an hour to throw off a baby's schedule. She was pretty fussy all day and had a rough time going down for the night. :(

No comments: